A garden can really help you calm your mind. An evening stroll in your garden can refresh your mind and clear all fatigue. Hence, it is very important to keep your garden clean and healthy. Here are a few tips for a lush, green garden.
- Make sure you examine the plants carefully before buying them. Pick a healthy plant to avoid introducing diseases into your currently healthy garden. Check the tops of the plant and also inspect the root quality.
- Use fully composted yard waste as manure. Different materials decompose at different rates. So, before you use a manure, make sure all components are completely decomposed.
- Keep an eye out for bugs that can make way for bacteria and viruses.
- Clean your garden regularly, especially during fall season. Frequently remove dry leaves to avoid diseases breeding over them and attacking the fresh leaves that appear during spring.
- Prune damaged branches as and when you spot them. This will prevent the disease from spreading to and damaging the entire plant.
- Arrange and place plants according to their sunlight requirements. If you place a shade-loving plant in the sun, it will not grow to its full capacity and will be vulnerable to diseases.
- Water your plants regularly and only when needed. Do not water them too frequently or in abundance. Know the water requirements of the plant and water them accordingly.
- Make sure there is adequate space between two plants so that they do not affect each other’s growth and also leave enough water and soil minerals for one another.